Sign up for text message updates: Text “LWC” to 797979
UPDATE: MARCH 27, 2020
UPDATE: MARCH 20, 2020
UPDATE: MARCH 14, 2020
A Message from Our Pastor
Dear Lighthouse Worship Center Church of God In Christ Family,
Let me challenge you, as the people of God, not to worry. The uncertainty of this pandemic is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. More than ever before, we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Turn off the news and get off social media for a moment and get into the Word of God.
Psalm 46:1-2 (KJV) – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message) – Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Here are some quick tips on how to stay safe and healthy.
• Don’t want to shake hands? Keep it friendly with a smile or elbow bump.
• Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer as a back up
• Stay home if you are sick
• Avoid touching your face until hands are clean
• Sneeze/Cough into your arm instead of hands
• After a long day out consider changing your clothes once you arrive home and wash your hands.
Our sincerest prayers for health and safety are with you all.
Bishop Jimmie L. Williams Senior Pastor, Lighthouse Worship Center Church of God In Christ